Sustainable and responsible mining is our objective in all projects, includes balancing economic, social and environmental considerations. It encompasses 360 degree development to meet the needs of the present generation without compromising the ability of future generations to meet their own needs.
Sustainable mining activities, managed appropriately, can create jobs, spur innovation and bring investment and infrastructure at a game-changing scale over the long term.
Corporate Social Responsibility: Atha Foundation –http://www.athagroup.in/atha-foundation/
Success also depends on substantial and ongoing partnership between governments, the private sector, communities and civil society. We are confident that Atha-Africa Ventures is able to leverage the transformative power of collaboration and partnership between the mining and environmental sectors, as well as other stakeholders.
In our projects, we strive to manage environmental and social impacts, protect the health of the workers, achieve energy efficiencies, respect and support human rights, provide opportunities for decent employment and foster economic development.
We aim to :
- Implement and maintain ethical business practices and sound systems of corporate governance
- Integrate sustainable mining development within the corporate decision-making process (including equal participation by all stakeholders, upholding fundamental human rights and respecting cultures, customs and values)
- Implement risk management strategies based on scientifically proven data and continuous improvement of health and safety as well as environmental performance
- Contribute to conservation of biodiversity and integrated approaches to land use planning, as well as the social, economic and institutional development of communities in which we operate
- Implement effective and holistic